Experienced captains know and understand Bahamas waters, they can read the shade of colors and estimate depths. Waters in the Bahamas can be unforgiving if captains don’t keep a good level of attention and do not prepare their trip precisely.
Boating in the Bahamas is a fantastic experience but it should be done methodically in order to reduce any risks we created a checklist that boaters should follow to ensure a stress and problem free trip.
– Check and verify the vessel before departure
– Check that boat is properly insured in the Bahamas
– Accurate GPS, backup gps
– Make sure you understand weather winds and tides
– Have essential spare parts and tools on board
– Have a significant boating experience or hire a knowledgeable captain in bahamas
– Floating safety inflatable boat in case of emergency
– Have all required safety device such as fire extinguishers, visual signaling devices
– Medicine and first aid kit onboard
– Emergency transmitting signaling devices