Official Eleuthera Harbour Island brings you more information on the restaurants in Spanish Wells.
Restaurants are a very important place to depict the heritage of any place. It is often the place from which you come into contact with other people, from who you might encounter and learn something about them. A good restaurant can provide insight into the local culture, if not necessarily give away a lot of useful information.
There are a few restaurants in Spanish Wells, and all of them are full of local folks and tourists eating their lunches at the same tables.There’s an inn around the corner, where the locals hangout for lunch after work. You can have a variety of food in Spanish Wells in the Bahamas including sushi, shrimp, tuna, tilapia, crabs, fillets of snapper,clams and many other types of seafood. There are also several places that are more traditional in the way they serve meals i.e., Anchor Snack Bar, Papa’s Scoops, The Generation Gap, Eagle’s Landing, Snack Vault etc.
The first thing that people notice when they enter the restaurants in Spanish Wells is the smell. It’s nothing like that at home or any other cafe, it’s more akin to a mix between steaming a fish and burning meat. The air is thick with spices and smells so rich they make your eyes water. In contrast, the atmosphere is light and cheery with chatter and laughter. The restaurants in Spanish Wells also have a huge array of wines from all over the world and even some beers for those who are adventurous enough to order them.
Some of the best restaurants that require a visit in Spanish Wells are as follows:
– The Shipyard – Contact No: +1 242-333-5010 Visit them to take a break from fried food and have conch fritters filled with conch, stone crab, amazing fish tacos, and the best piña colada. Visit their website at https://m.facebook.com/shipyardsw/ (Opening Hours 11 AM)
– Budda’s Snack Shack – Contact No: +1 242-333-4111 and visit their website to have the best menu http://www.buddabahamas.com/ (Opening Hours 10:30 AM)
– Ilene’s Take-Away – Contact No: +1 242-557-7436 must visit them for fresh and homemade food. Follow them on their Facebook page http://facebook.com/ilenepinder (Opening Hours 8 AM)
– The Pantry 242 – Contact No: +1 242-577-1223 and visit their Facebook page to have the delicious menu https://www.facebook.com/The-Pantry-100179618840587 (Opening Hours 11 AM)
– Wreckers – Contact No: +1 242-333-5222 must visit them to have their special lobster sandwich that you can enjoy with a nice water view. Know more about them at http://swyachthaven.com/dining/(Opening Hours 11:30 AM)
The best place to eat in Spanish Wells is “The Shipyard”. This is a great place to go if you want to try seafood. The Shipyard is a family-friendly restaurant with a great selection of seafood, including oysters, shrimp, and crab. It’s also a great spot to enjoy a cold beer or a cocktail. In this restaurant, you can have a meal with a view. You can sit right on the water and watch the boats sail by. So, must visit The Shipyard for a fun and relaxing evening.